Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Posted by B at 8:09 PM
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Saw this at Brenda's and just had to play along. If you'd like to play along, too, just answer all these questions and let the rest of us learn more about you.
1.Do you like cheese? Yes, with a capital “C”!
2.Have you ever smoked? No, tried once, but nearly choked to death, so decided it wasn’t for me.
3. Do you own a gun? No.
4. Do you like listening to Christmas music? Yes, but glad it’s only around once a year.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? A little, although I haven’t been to a dr. in over 15 yrs.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Good once in a while, with chili on top.
7. Favorite Christmas song for all time? O Come All Ye Faithful
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee
9. Can you do push ups? More like “flop downs”.
10. Who is your favorite Grey's Anatomy Character? Don't watch it.
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? Gold locket. Was a gift from Hubs.
12. Favorite hobby? Playing card games on the computer.
13. Do you eat "exotic" foods? Depends on what is considered “exotic”. Escargot - no. Caviar - no. Chocolate chip cookies - YES!
14. Do you have A.D.D.? Depends on what you want me to pay attention to.
15. What's one trait do you hate about yourself? Inability to stop myself from eating too many chocolate chip cookies.
16. Middle Name? If I gave you that information, I’d have to kill you so you couldn’t tell anyone else.
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? How should I answer this question. I don’t have any chocolate chip cookies in the house. Need to stop blogging and write out my Christmas cards.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? toilet paper, bread, chocolate chip cookies.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coffee, diet Pepsi, water - in that order.
20. Current worry right now? Getting thru this weekend and the Christmas program at church.
21. Current hate? Lies.
22. Favorite place to be? Home.
23. How will you bring in the New Year? Probably snoring in front of the tv.
24. Where would you like to go? Nowhere. Just like being at home.
25. Name three people who will complete this? Probably Cheryl, and I don’t know who else.
26. Do you own flip flops? Yes, are there any other shoes to wear in the summer?
27. What shirt are you wearing? Short sleeve sweater.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No, they cause you to go slip-slidin’ away.
29. Can you whistle? Yes
30. Favorite color? Pink.
31. Would you be a pirate? Would I get to wear one of those cool eye patches and say things like “Ahoy, matey”? Yep, then I would.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don’t sing in the shower.
33. Favorite girl's name? Hannah.
34. Favorite boy's name? Maxwell
35. What's in your pocket right now? money
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Conversation on IM a little while ago with my friend, Esther.
37. Bed sheets as a child? Cotton
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Ripping a hole in my leg from jumping on a broken chair as a kid. One and only time I’ve ever had stitches, and it left a big nasty scar that I still have.
39. Do you love where you live? No, don’t like it very much at all. Too many people.
40. How many TV's do you have in your house? Three, but at the moment, one of them is sitting in the middle of the floor, waiting to put in the trash.
41. Who is your loudest friend? CAN'T THINK OF ONE AT THE MOMENT!
42. How many dogs do you have? None
43. Does someone have a crush on you? I seriously doubt it.
44. Do you get embarrassed easily? No.
45. What is your favorite book? The Left Behind series.
46. What is your favorite candy? See’s Nuts ‘N Chews.
47. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince theme song? Not all of them.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Me, Lucille. O wait, my name’s not Lucille. O well, I’ll be dead, right, so what difference does it make? lol
49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? Posting my last blog entry.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I want to stay in bed a while longer ‘cause it’s too cold to get up right now!
Posted by B at 12:01 AM
Thursday, December 18, 2008
We got this new tv for our Christmas present to each other. 42" - it's HUGE! (And it's on the Food Network most of the time-hee hee) In order to fit it in our livingroom, we had to totally rearrange the furniture. That meant everything had to be taken out of my entertainment center, everything removed from the top of the piano, in fact, everything had to be removed from every piece of furniture in the room because every. single. piece. of. furniture. had to be moved. We did this last week on Thursday. Today we finally got the furniture placed and I put stuff back in/on the furniture. Now I may actually be able to put up a Christmas tree. Not too bad - it's only one week until Christmas. Last year, after I decorated the church and decorated for our women's party, I was burned out on decorating. So at home, all I put up was a little 3' tabletop model. It was white and I decorated it with some old pink and blue victorian ornaments that I had made a million years ago. When kidlet came home from school, she said it looked more like a baby shower tree. This year I plan to put up my 7' green tree and decorate it in red and gold. I'll have to move furniture a little more in order to have a place for it, but I'm thinking tomorrow night I may actually be able to get it erected and decorated. Keep your fingers crossed! lol
Posted by B at 12:01 AM
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
So, I haven't done a single bit of decorating my house for Christmas, but got the church all deco'd, plus deco'd for and enjoyed the Women's Ministries Christmas party at Esther's house.
Most of the pics from the party came out blurred - again - I DO NOT know what is going on with my camera, but it's really starting to get on my nerves. Anyhow, here's some pics of the church, and I'll post a few from the party that aren't too blurry. These are pics from the lobby.
This is looking into the lobby from inside the sanctuary, one side wall (there are poinsettias inside those windows), and the communion table, which sits in front of the pulpit.
And here's Ester's front porch on the night of the party:
A few pics from inside:
So, there you have it. Now I'm bored with this post, so on to something else. Peace Out, peeps!
Posted by B at 2:13 PM
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Saw this Meme over at Brenda's at It's All Good and thought it was a fun one to do.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving, but still not up yet this year.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually on New Year’s Day, but it has been known to stay up until February.
5. Do you like eggnog? No.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? When I was 10, my older brother bought me 5 brand new outfits for my Barbie.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Kidlet.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Hubs.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? We have a “Post Office” (a pocket holder that hangs on the wall) at church and everyone exchanges cards that way. I never seem to get around to mailing cards to people who don’t go to our church.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Cookies and hot glue sticks. From Hubs. The first Christmas after we had just bought our first home. No money, but it was the thought that counts, right? lol
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It’s A Wonderful Life.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually after our Christmas program at church is completed. Then I run out and shop like a crazy woman, and most of the time, I get it all done in one day.
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I recall.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? See’s Candy. Nuts ‘N Chews.
16. Lights on the tree? Absolutely.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Come All Ye Faithful
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Doc, Dopey, Sneezy, Sleepy,…O that’s the seven dwarfs, huh! Lol Just kidding. Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Dancer, Dasher, Donner, Prancer, Vixen, and, of course, Rudolph.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve, then Hubs reads the Christmas Story from the Bible. The rest of the gifts are opened on Christmas morning.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Too busy usually to just enjoy the season.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Red & Gold.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? To just be able to enjoy being with my family.
Posted by B at 7:55 AM